Top Five Questions to ask before Hiring a Water Damage Professional
Hiring a water damage professional is not as easy as it seems especially when the damage that has to be remediated is complicated. There are many ways to find a water damage professional in a certain community or area, but that does not mean the first that props up on the search is the best one in the field.
It is still best to be on the lookout for a reliable and trustworthy water damage expert in the neighborhood, so a property owner can be sure that the water damage problem is addressed accordingly.
Recommendations from friends and neighbors, ratings from reputable third-party sites such as Yelp and Angie’s List as well as google search or even old school directory search can land anyone a couple of business names. The challenge though is to selecting a contractor service which can do the best water damage remediation work in the area.
It is best to have a shortlist of contractors, and then work from there by interviewing either through phone or face-to-face inquiry.
Here are the top questions to ask before hiring a water damage professional:
- Do you have the appropriate licenses and permits to carry on your job? Water damage professionals should have the necessary training as well as vast experience in remediation for them to be considered as a reliable and trustworthy water damage professionals. Their respective companies must also possess a license to operate, as well as certifications from the local government that they are allowed to accept water damage projects.
- Are they fully-insured? The water damage contractor should be bonded and fully insured so that anything goes wrong with the service, the client can claim for monetary damages. A job warranty is also great to ensure the customer of the quality of work, and that problems can be solved right away if and when there will be some that will surface.
- Do they have up-to-date equipment? The level of technology of the equipment used by a water damage contractor can assure the efficiency of the water damage professional. When the equipment used is modern and up-to-date, the contractor becomes even more efficient in rendering his job.
- Do they have a full range of service? It is important that a company can respond to all the needs of its clients in relation to the project at hand. The contractor should be able to supply genuine and top-of-the-line heavy duty supplies and materials. The contractor should also go the extra mile by directly coordinating with the client’s insurance company for the billing concerns so that the client can be unburdened of yet another task.
- Can they refer you to past clients for feedback? The best advertising for any company or contractor is great feedback, and positive word of mouth. When the contractor is confident enough to give out references for the past services they have rendered, and they have a great community as well as online reputation then it is very likely that they will be a trustworthy and reliable contractor.